Main My profile Registration Log out Login
Thursday
4:51 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginRegistrationMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: OMIGHTY1, Ksxx, 2nd_in_command, worlock1  
Forum » Welcome to the forums! » Welcome! » Game Ratings (Okay something I wanna try out)
Game Ratings
KsxxDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 3:40 PM | Message # 1
Akatuski
Group: Administrators
So I just recently pre-ordered Sonic Unleashed and I will get that in two weeks. Then I though, "You know...what would happen if I gave my own review of the game and put it on the site." And then an even better idea came to me, "What if all the games we get, we rate on the site?" So here is my idea. Once we get a game we play it until we beat it or feel ready to give a review. Then we rate the game we have from a 1-10 in the categories of Gameplay, Graphics, Playability, added catergory here. We can decide on catergories. Outline the good and the bad. Also we have to give a proffesional review of the game. Just because we are the fan of a game (Me and the Sonic series...) we can not give it superb reviews or bash a game because its a good game that everyone likes but you hate it with a passion...(Well that is with exceptions. If your playing some barbie game, heaven knows why, bash the living crap out of it!!!!!) So what do you guys think? And if this becomes popular maybe we can make a section of the forums exactly for it?

For me, time stands still!
2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 5:51 PM | Message # 2
Akatuski
Great Idea I'll start with some games I own.
We should also work together on games we all own like Brawl.

Do You think you can beat me in a game of strategy and wits?

Why does technology rely on school and the world?
Technology is an advance in science. We don't have science without long complicated mathematics. We don't have math without a language. We don't have a language if we have no history. We have no history, if we don't have a world.

2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 5:54 PM | Message # 3
Akatuski
Super Paper Mario
Genre: Adventure
Game play: 5, can get boring and repetitive.
Graphics: 5 , so-so sometimes good sometimes bad
Playability: 6, can get boring and difficult at times makes you think.
Music/ Sound Effects: 7, pretty good
Overall average: 5.75

Technology is an advance in science. We don't have science without long complicated mathematics. We don't have math without a language. We don't have a language if we have no history. We have no history, if we don't have a world.

2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 5:57 PM | Message # 4
Akatuski
Sega Superstars Tennis
Genre: Sports
Game play: 7.5, pretty good but repetitive
Graphics: 8.5, good graphics
Playability: 8.5, depends if you can get into sports games
Music/ Sound Effects: 9.5, Changable and a large selection.
Overall average: 8.5

2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 6:00 PM | Message # 5
Akatuski
Mario Party 8
Genre: Party
Game play: 8.5, very entertaining, but a little repetitive
Graphics: 8.5, Good graphics
Playability: 9.5, entertaining and addictive
Music/sound effects: 6, annoying and not entertaining at most times.
Overall average: 8.13

2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 6:03 PM | Message # 6
Akatuski
Crash of the Titans
Genre: Adventure
Game Play: 4, minorly entertaining and overly repetitive
Graphics: 8, pretty good
Playability: 6.5 can get boring and annoying
Music/ Sound Effects: 5, bland, dull and boring at most times.
Overall average: 5.88

2nd_in_commandDate: Monday, 2008-11-10, 6:07 PM | Message # 7
Akatuski
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Genre: Music/Rhythm
Game Play: 9, entertaining and fun
Graphics: 8, could be better
Playability: 9.5, addictive and a wide variety of songs to play
Music/Sound: 10, Not surprising with a large variety of songs
Overall average: 9.13

OMIGHTY1Date: Tuesday, 2008-12-02, 4:21 PM | Message # 8
Supreme ruler of the Hideout
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Genre: Fighting
Gameplay: 9.5, always varies because of the many attacks and other controls. Plus, it's fun to pretend you're the character, and doing exactly what they're doing. Takes a bit to master the combos, but gets easier as you practice, and slowly raise the difficulty.
Graphics: 10, has very smooth, well, everything. Smooth characters, smooth textures and landscape, anime-style mouths, and bloom! BLOOM!!
Voice acting: Phenomenal (10). It has every voice actor from the show, and the quality and realness of it is amazing.
Overall rating: 29.5/30
Best fighter of 2007, hands-down. And said by ign.com. XD

Call me nerd one more time...
2nd_in_commandDate: Tuesday, 2008-12-02, 5:08 PM | Message # 9
Akatuski
Ian rate all the categories and then the overall average is the total divided by 4 or the number of fields you rated, voice acting may not be in every game so it can be hard to say 4 or 5 categories.

KsxxDate: Tuesday, 2008-12-02, 5:15 PM | Message # 10
Akatuski
I didn't divide by 4 for my overrall I just picked something reasonable. And voice acting can be a catergory that can go with storyline of script of something. Besides we all are different raters.

For me, time stands still!
OMIGHTY1Date: Tuesday, 2008-12-02, 7:12 PM | Message # 11
Yeah, the storyline in DBZ: B T3 is really good. It really follows the plot well, but for some reason, the voice acting doesn't follow the horribly mashed-in and grammatically incorrect subtitles!

OMIGHTY1Date: Tuesday, 2008-12-02, 7:13 PM | Message # 12
My bad, I meant to type 29.5/30. Typo. XP

OMIGHTY1Date: Tuesday, 2009-02-10, 8:22 AM | Message # 13
Game: Sonic Unleashed
System: Wii
Publisher: Sega

Graphics: 10/10
The graphics in this game are phenomenal! The textures are very well done, the character models (the character w/out textures) are very well done, and there's bloom! BLOOM! In most of the cutscenes, and a few of the levels, it looks like it's being played on the 360!

Sound: 9.5/10
The soundtrack to this game takes a minor turn from the usual Sonic music style of rock and instead goes to fully orchestrated. Almost all of the levels have really good music, but the Werehog levels have too much of that Rouge level in SA2 feeling, and hate that kind of music. Don't be disappointed, there's rock in here, but only in the credits.

Gameplay: 8/10
The Sonic levels are intense and really fast-paced in this game, which does take some getting used to. This was actually my first Sonic game where I was able to go insanely fast WITHOUT crashing into something! The reason for that is that it takes the speed from the original Sonic games where it was completely focused around speed and just shifted the camera angle to behind Sonic, so now I know what's coming. The only thing I don't really like that much in this game are the Werehog levels. They aren't bad, but once you reach a certain level of strength, the enemies are just mere flies. The bosses are fun, but otherwise, the levels are very tedious and repetitive. The battling of large enemies who are actually a match are fun, though there's not many of those guys around! It's basically like the game Afro Samurai; battling is a blast, but sometimes there's not enough enemies and the platforming sucks. At the end of the game, the gameplay changes to something never before used in a Sonic game, but you can find out about that awesomeness for yourself!

Story:8/10

This story is very original and Sonic-like. Eggman is once again trying to take over the world, but this time he's trying to harness the power of a beast that lives in the core of the earth named Dark Gaia. Sonic finds and makes friends with a little red flying guy whom he named Chip for his intense appetite for dessert food. Sonic had to name him himself because Chip had lost his memory. Later on, Chip turns out to be... well, you can find that out for yourself too.

Overall: 8.5-9.5/10
This game is awesome! Although being filled with awesome blueness, it just didn't reach its potential. There's not enough Sonic levels in the 360 version, and although the Wii/Wii disc could handle it, they took out some of these said levels! They also took out the free-roam style towns, in place for 2D characters that talk to you through text bubbles. If Sega had focused more on the too-much-speed-to-handle Sonic levels than the repetitive with some really cool (*cough*boss*cough*) fights in between, then this game would be able to completely match up the the expectations of a game like Mirror's Edge, which Ksxx SHOULD review. Overall, this game is great, no doubt about it, but it could've been so much greater if Sega had just kept its mind on speed almost the entire time.

2nd_in_commandDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-10, 5:08 PM | Message # 14
Akatuski
8.9 (8.875 to be exact) is that average. What's the negative in the story. See Ksxx, I told you that most people found the werehog level as the downfall.

OMIGHTY1Date: Tuesday, 2009-02-10, 5:25 PM | Message # 15
Meh, idk what's wrong with the story. A bit short, I guess. BTW, do you even have the game yet?

Forum » Welcome to the forums! » Welcome! » Game Ratings (Okay something I wanna try out)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024